Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Breakthrough

My breakthrough all began with taking drivers ed. with Gabe, by red apple at Advantage Driving School. While I was waiting for mom to pick me up afterward, I was overcome by a sense of freedom and walked ALL the way across the parking lot, into red apple, and BOUGHT with my own money, for no particular reason, a candybar...just because I could. Cool eh? The same thing happened over the summer when I was accompanying a musical at the admiral theater, and during the break (5 minutes), I jogged about 4 blocks BY MYSELF to a 7-11 to buy myself a snack (and it was me and the town. I, my own woman...) but then I realized that all the food was ridiculously expensive and so I jogged up the monstrous hill barely making it to the piano bench in time. But it was sooo refreshing....ah...I just CAN'T wait ‘til I have my license and can senselessly roam this mysterious town of which I've only seen so little of, cease hording dollar bills, and freely spend a few bucks here and there on things I probably don't need, but are really fun to buy. For example, Annaliese buying donuts after seminary...completely unhealthy, and yet I can only imagine it was so satisfying! well, I have to go to bed, I'm really quite sick (endless runny/stuffy nose, congestion, spitting up mucus here and there, hard to breathe with swollen throat, voice scratchy and dry…pitifully feverish … lingering between life and death…contemplating my will…glimpses of a light…I just wanna say I love all you guys…) all the annoying symptoms of a weekend cold thing...well (cough) bye! penny

8 comments:

Nelsonranch said...

Hope you feel better Penny. :)

Anonymous said...

exhilarating isn't it. i'm so proud. here's some advice. don't EVER drive to seabec at night. you'll never get out.

Diane said...

Aww, the good old days of loving to drive just because you can. Just wait until your first year of college, come and go as you please, (unless you go to ricks and live in the dorms) you won't know what to do with yourself. Down side to that is you are much poorer and have to continue to ask mom for money until you graduate and then become rich and then have to be responsible and pay for everything your self. As the oldest child I feel it my responsibility to prepare you on what to expect in the upcoming years:)

CoplanRanch said...

as the oldest child, can you ever remember back when you were "in my years?"

Anonymous said...

ouch...that Penny,...she's cold as ice!!

CoplanRanch said...

hey - that goes for you too chucklebutt

Anonymous said...

oh i remember being 15 allright. bedtimes, dishes, chores, seminary, driving mom to the ferry, no civil liberties whatsoever. being 15 is LAME!

CoplanRanch said...

orson. i as understand it you put dishes in the oven and forcibly passed chores to silblings. must i remind you that you are a self-professed robot? yes, i so look forward to being 26.