Sunday, September 21, 2014

This is about us failing as dog owners

During the last year dog ownership has cropped over and over. David of course started out on the pro side and I was reluctant. Then on reflection; even more reluctant on my side and David decided he couldn't take care of a dog. Then I kept bringing it back up again and again. For example: "they had dogs in front of Fred Meyers, one of them was really cute...etc."
Fast forward to now! David was supposed to keep his weight off the left foot for 3 weeks and I was sad to see him so home-bound and we decided to get a dog. September 13th we got a terrier from Humane Society and called him Porthos. The next day during a walk the dog pulled his head through the collar and ran off into the woods. On Thursday we got him back; then today while we were at church he got away again. We give up, if he is found we are giving him back to the Humane Society.

The end of a sad story.

3 comments:

Annaliese said...

Actually I see this as a success story. If I can spend less than a week of my life owning a dog I will be overjoyed.

CoplanRanch said...

We got Porthos back again, two neighbors up the street wanted him so he wound up in the house up the hill.

Anonymous said...

so what is the current status of dog ownership now?