I...DROVE. Mom and I waited at the Licensing Department for about an hour and a half then finally they reached number 250. A lady with spiked black hair helped us and mom swears she remembers her from three past kids. Then I DROVE home. Backed out. Turned corner. Passed traffic light. Pulled into driveway. It was amazing. I drove home, and I thought I was going to die. I drove to Red Apple, and I felt like a little rookie 15 year old. I drove to Fred Meyer, and I felt pretty cool parking...in 4 spaces at once...and I drove home again, the all new Penny on my hot set o' wheels. I have newfound authority. I have earned the right to twirl the keys on my index finger. I have mature instincts like: feeling the urge to push the shopping card, wanting to work mom's credit card, buy my own milk (although i've suppressed this instinct on the basis of my budget). Well, I'm driving the stick-shift tomorrow to seminary.
p.s. my permit isn't entirely accurate. I wrote "electric blue" on the form, but my eye color came out as "BLU." Strangely, I was completely honest about my weight, but somehow the computer boosted it up to 131...hmmm. (actually, I resisted the temptation to put 131 instead of 129, it just looks better. But who cares anyway?)
5 comments:
Look Orson... the list is back.
i noticed cool. look on the bright side phoebes, if you ever commit a felony and the police are hunting for you. they will be looking for a girl who is heavier and who has regular blu eyes. you could walk right past them without getting caught.
"hey rick, was that her?"
"mmm...no. the apb says blu eyes, i'd definitely say those more of an electric blue."
true, but what if the man of my dreams finds my wallet and is misled to believe that i have only common blue eyes?
I'd say that is just fine if any [so called] 'man of your dreams' is misled for the next 5 or so years. By then I'm sure you'll have your regular license ..and a new description.
How is the stick shift driving going Penny?... any one can drive an automatic :) Aren't you glad I sold mom the fantastic Kia!
Post a Comment