Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sunshine's Wedding POV: Penny

The coolest thing that happened this weekend, besides the wedding ofcourse, was my victory over the rubix cube! After months of mental toil and frustration, I figured out how to do it (with a few pointers from a couple friends). My best time is 4 minutes and 53 seconds. Anyway, on the 6 hour drive there, Richard and I wore out our hands playing the slap game, and the Enya CD. We went to Sunshine's bridal shower at the park and played some classic wedding games. There were these decorative silver rocks which were actually weird candy coated almonds. Korwin and I just ended up throwing them at each other the whole time, them stashed them in our pockets for future use. That night, Maili, Ben, Korwin, Richard and I played Killer Bunnies. Unfortunately, Richard stole my carrots and gave my bunny the black plague or something, so I lost.

The day of the wedding, we woke up early for pictures, (might i add that with my not-even-so-high heels, I was assuredly taller than both Korwin and Richard). Oh yes, and as I was pouring out some raisin bran, I may have noticed that it was an odd consistency, more like wheaties. I stuck my spoon in it preparing to add milk when we paused to say prayer. I lifted some up on a spoon when I realized...it was moving. I looked down into the rest of the bowl's contents. Little worms and maggots were wiggling to the surface and trying to crawl out the bowl. I found it unsettling how close I came to taking a casual bite off the spoon.

Following the wedding, there was a lovely luncheon. Fruit, croussaints sandwiches, cookies, sparkling cider...all around tasty experience. Later that evening, we went to the reception and watched the first dance and all that stuff. The rest of the evening was dancing, however to my dismay there was not a single young man my age in the entire building, so I didn't dance very much. Instead I chatted with some girls from their ward and sat around tossing beads into my water cup. It was late when we were finished cleaning up, but Korwin and I weren't tired, so we stayed up until about 3 or 4am. First we finished watching Father Of The Bride (decent, and nice facial expressions on Steve Martin's part, but not the best movie). Then we played a game of war that lasted for about an hour! I think the game was designed just to see how long some gullible idiots would keep on playing before they realized that the chances of someone actually winning were slim. A player gets down to the last 3 cards then makes an incredible come back, and this pattern continues on...and on. Still not ready for bed, we watched Loco Love, a comedy about this rich gringo who is paid to marry a fiesty, hot-tempered Mexican woman. Still not tired. More games. Another movie. Now we're starting to wind down, and I'm pretty sure I didn't make it through that last movie becuase I woke up on the couch the next morning.

I slept most of the drive home. More hand slapping. More sleeping. Then we finally arrived back home. Having just missed church, I decided to take a nice nap. Then Mom woke we up so that I would be able to sleep that night as I had to get up early Monday morning. I decided to wake up by going on a long walk in the rain to practice my newfound skills with a rubix cube. So...yep that was our vacation.

10 comments:

Annaliese said...

Just curious, was your description of Loco Love from the back of the box or your own? Either way, I love writing style. You really ought to post more often.

CoplanRanch said...

My own, thanks. I do wonder who does write those though. Is it a proffession? ok so i know my password, but what was my username?

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

Wow, two new posts within a week of each other you should do that more often.

Penny said...

I do believe thats a record, as is my usage of my own ID. Annaliese will be proud.

Holly said...

This great...except I would really love to see some pictures of the wedding!

Unknown said...

that's cool that you guys went to the wedding, I wanted to, but was not prepared to with all the kids alone. what grade are you going into this year?

Anonymous said...

i discovered that killer bunnies is dumb because no matter how well you play, it still all comes down to luck in the end. all you can do is increase your odds.

Penny said...

i am a junior. 11th grade. The big J. Pre-senior. upperclassmen. the tall one. Life is good.

Annaliese said...

I sent an invite to your pianonerd email, what's your gmail?

Penny said...

pennyjccbell@gmail.com