Friday, November 28, 2008

School Slop or iPod?

















So, very early in the school year, I realized that I was rapidly growing tired of cafeteria food. The same recipe for pizza for 5 years? I was done. Even the special was predictably cycling. Then one day as a reminded Mom and Dad that I was out of lunch money, I thought about how much money was going to waste on some lumpy taco, baby carrots, and milk carton that I didn't drink. $2.75 everyday for 5 days = $13.75 a week = $55 a month = $165 by Thanksgiving (give or take depending on how often the delicious country-fried steak special appeared on the menu). Thinking of all the things I could do with $165, I came up with: 1- school lunch for 3 months 2-
seven hundred candy bars 3-the iPod I've wanted for like 2 and a half years. I chose the iPod.









iDance
































7 comments:

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

Good choice! What color did you get? I'm impressed, packing your own lunch every day that is hard to do.

Penny said...

well, between black and blue, i chose blue, but if it weren't $10 more, i would totally have gone with orange!

Anonymous said...

iNerd

Penny said...

there's that jealousy comin out

Anonymous said...

...iEnvy?

Penny said...

(rolling of the eyes)

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Wow- good choice- school food sucks:)