Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tagged

Well, this was actually for a facebook tag, but I figured as long as I was going to do the work, I'd post it here as well. Ya know, "kill two stones with 1 throw." haha...inside joke. Anyway, here's 25 random things about me:

1) Maybe you've left your book at school. Maybe an instrument. For those especially forgetful ones, perhaps you've left your entire backpack or purse. Well, today I accidentally left my CAR at school. Didn't even notice until I got home and there was no car.
2) Every once in awhile, I get a major orange craving. This means I just hunker down with a movie and eat like 8 or 9 oranges in one sitting.
3) I've been playing piano for 12 years, but I still don't know if I really want to be a concert pianist.
3) I've seen the play of "Pirates of Penzance." ...love it
4) I love nature, I could play (and have) by a stream for hours. In fact, we went to this hotel one time that had a little stream that flowed around the room. I followed little spitball boats over and over...then I felt kinda bad once I saw like 50 tiny spitballs clotted at the end of the river.
5) It seems like I make more ridiculous blunders than the average human. For instance, on the VERY first day after I got my cellphone, I dropped it in oatmeal. It ceased to work for a few days, I was afraid I'd have to face up to my parents and tell them why my phone was dead p.s. my phone still has little chunks of oatmeal in it that i can't clean out
6) I can memorize like crazy, be it a bajillion scriptures, phone numbers, or a 10 page piece of music...and yet I am an EXTREMELY forgetful person
7) I used to love caterpillars, and once I wanted to bring a whole jar full home from eastern washington. unfortunately, I put the jar in the back window and learned that heat + tons of caterpillars = a jar full of melted yellow goo. very smelly.
8) I doodle like crazy.
9) I sing really loud in the car when I'm driving by myself.
10) Camping is pretty much my favorite thing EVER.
11) I'm a very good speller and won a couple spelling bees through grade school.
12) I am a bottomless pit when it comes to watermelon...SO good.
13) Scratching a chalkboard has absolutely no effect, but just THINKING about rubbing foam together makes me squirm.
14) Once, during a school volleyball game, I was dashing up to the net and tripped, tumbling and rolling under the net, halfway across the other court...they still haven't let me forget that one.
15) I am very easy going, and not inclined to get worked up about small things
16) A movie theater worker called me a sales-killer becuase I was talking somebody into buying a cheaper snack. I thought the whole staff was going to look my way and shake their heads in disgust. Maybe start chanting "doom on you" or something.
17) Last month, I found glitter glue in my purse and drew a big giraffe on the back of my backpack. Then the bell rang, and in the crowded hallway, a big guy in a black sweatshirt bumped me from behind. haha, you guessed it...he had a nice, glittery giraffe on the front of his black sweatshirt! he just stood there stuttering for awhile.
18) I like word games, and I have yet to be beaten at Boggle.
19) I found this design for a paper plane that has lots of time in the air and flys/lands very gracefully. No kidding, for a few months, I was up at 8:00 saturday morning flying paper airplanes on our street.
20) It took all summer, but I finally learned how to solve my rubix cube. Occasionally, people I walk by will challenge my skills right then and there until I solve it in front of them.
21) Halfway through 1st grade, I got moved up to 2nd, so now I lead kind of a double life with old friends my age in the grade below and awesome friends who I have all my classes with.
22) I honestly don't understand why they sell any other kind of icecream besides moose tracks. I mean seriously, it's like everything in one plus resees! Who in their right mind would settle for french vanilla or something?
23) I once had a thing for cool keychains, but now I've given up because they never last. My buzz-lightyear gun from Disneyland that made laser sounds disappeared, my windup double-decker bus from Canada broke off the chain, and my Asian seashell thing fell and broke into a billion pieces. Even my bead snake got shut in the car door.
24) In elementary school tetherball was my reason for living. I played it morning, lunchtime, and a few matched after school before the buses came.
25) Every cat I've ever owned has been freakish in some way. Pumpkin terrorized me as a child and I distinctly remember looking around corners for him. Dartanyon had 3 legs, so when he tried to scratch his ears he was really just wiggling his back-leg stump. Biscuithead was monstrously fat and all white.

6 comments:

CoplanRanch said...

throw in the towel on the whole cat idea. just admit that cats are not good pets for people like us.

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

I think I might have to agree with mom on that one, cats just really don't work out with our family.

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

Also I think I have to not agree with #22 have you forgotten such flavors as Oreo, mint choc chip, coconut... I could go on. I'm not saying anything against moose tracks which is pretty good but you can't discount all the other flavors out there.

Penny said...

oh right... forgot who i was blogging to

Anonymous said...

well, i had some witty and insightful comments about some of your post. agreements, disagreement, and i really enjoyed the glitter story, but then i read the blasphemy that was #18 and i just don't know what to believe anymore about the rest of the blog. for all i know, you despise moose tracks.

Penny said...

please understand, how could i have phrased it to account for your breif run of luck, yet not discount all the whoopings i've given everyone else? ...in any case i assure you, i DO love moose tracks.