Sunday, September 12, 2010

FAQ: Penny's College Life

FAQ: So, where are you going to college again?
Answer: I am going the University of Brigham Young in Provo, Utah. It is an extremely friendly place, like in the cafeteria, people will just sit down with strangers and make friends. I wonder if that will still last after we are no longer Freshman. Anyway, I hiked the Y at midnight and watched the football game, although the BYU volleyball games are far more fun to watch in my opinion. I'm still getting used to my new mascot, I keep accidentally shouting Lets Go Knights!

FAQ: Who is your roommate?
Answer: My roommate is Emily from Virginia. Unlike some horror roommate stories I've heard from friends, we do get along and although we kind of have different schedules, we still do stuff together.....I'll get to that next.


FAQ: What kind of non-academic stuff have you been up to?
Answer: My relatively easy schedule allows me to do many awesome non-homework related things! I like watching sports games, above picture is us at the soccer game. I like playing sports even more. I play volleyball on the sands courts 3 or 4 times a week and I also got recruited onto an intramural team. We played and won our first game on Saturday, it was a blast. Also, there are large parties ever so often such as 70's dances (successful tie-dyed shirt below), carnivals (large blow-up obstacle course further below), and comedy shows like Humor U and Divine Comedy. I also invest my time in Yserve, the ping-pong club, and the juggling club.


FAQ: What was that camp thing you did before classes started?
Answer: That was FOL (foundations of leadership) which was kind of like a miniature EFY just for BYU freshman. It was at Aspen Grove, and we went on a hike to a beautiful waterfall, and did team-building games, and had spiritual talks, and attended workshops of speakers on various topics.

FAQ: Is it really true that you broke a board in half with your bare hand?
Answer: Yes. Yes it is.

*If your question was not on the FAQ list, please make your query in the comment section*

2 comments:

Penny said...

oh shoot! i just realized I posted this in Coplanranch instead of penny's two cents!......my bad.

Annaliese said...

I thought you were just making sure you had everyone's complete attention.