Sue and I have a new goal to get out into the community more and our first adventure was to the Bremerton Community Theater to see "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Its gaining new interest since Johnny Depp starred in Tim Burton's movie version of the play. Being hard of hearing I got us front row tickets but as soon as it started I knew I was not going to be able to hear the words clear enough to know what was going on but in spite of this the performances were very impressive. Close to the end of Act I had to get up to use the bathroom and when I came back I stood in the area they have cordoned off in the back for standing room only, and realized I could hear the voices perfectly. The problem was the orchestra was right in front of us and muffled out more of the sound than I thought.
All in all we had a great evening together and look forward to many more. The Lord has truly blessed my health, I could not have done this 2 years ago. There are at least 3 more plays this season we want to see. (And we may tryout together for 'Fiddler on the Roof').
All in all we had a great evening together and look forward to many more. The Lord has truly blessed my health, I could not have done this 2 years ago. There are at least 3 more plays this season we want to see. (And we may tryout together for 'Fiddler on the Roof').
1 comment:
1) any one else thinking of The Office?
2) this is really cool Dad, i want to join you guys in your fun-ness this summer
3) no clue about the baritone thing, you'll just have to ask Bro Loynd?
Post a Comment