After much inspired thought in the last 4 minutes or so, I’ve decided to inform all parents and/or future parents why they should start all their kids on piano in their early years:
1) Even if they quit, (which is the most probable outcome; almost everyone I run into tells me that they took lessons for like 4 years when they were a kid, then quit) you will not be responsible for their isolation from fine arts
2) They learn to cope with frustration
3) You get a break while they entertain themselves for awhile
4) Girls dig macho man-pianists (or is it just me?)
5) If their teacher is scary enough, they respect authority
6) They can play hymns for church stuff (in conditions of low musical proficiency, people grovel for accompanists)
7) Bach makes you smarter, just watch Pride and Prejudice
8) If they eventually make money off it, who doesn’t have to buy them stupid toys anymore?
9) Praise does well for the self-esteem 10) Because if you move to Bremerton, Penny can give you a 20% discount on monthly lessons, call now, don’t miss the week long special! (no, actually I dislike teaching piano with a passion)
5 comments:
Question: how come 10) doesn't get it's own line like the rest and has to share with 9) . were you hoping maybe people would miss it that way.
Question: so what's the going rate after the 20% discount....and would you accept payment in Land Before Time movies?
Question: do contemporary-macho-piano-playing-men exist? um, except for Ryan of course.
I am going to take this into consideration, although I never took piano lessons I did take flute lessons I am assuming it is the same. Why do you dislike teaching, you could make some big bucks and never have to leave your house :) Also I think the family discount should be more like 50%.
well uh, i don't care what you say, uh, Land Before Time movies are not an accepted form of American Currency
HEY! just cool it mrs. poopypants.
hey pjcp, i took your advise and i read the blog, even though i said that i wouldn't, it's very informative:) and ps...you're funny
Post a Comment