Sunday, May 4, 2008

Goings on up in B-town

Yeah, its been a very eventful time for us so take a moment and get comfortable in that computer chair.................................................and..........ok- I took the accuplacer to apply for running start in the fall (diane: "oh my lands, how old is she again?") and got a 119/120 in the english which is what i'm probably taking there. I went camping w/ YW on friday at zion's camp and managed to keep our new beehive afraid of the "chinkfish" in the lake that would flip up onto the dock and nip her ankles. Piece of cake really, just swiped some rocks as we went onto the dock and made spashes by her every once in awhile.
Anyway, then on Saturday, I met mom and dad in Seattle to see "My Fair Lady" at the Paramount Theater. Now ofcourse, the songs are still stuck in my head.
Speakin' of music, I'm getting ready for my solo recital on May 31st. Since unfortunately some people are too busy with jobs, school, or being pregnant to attend, here's the basic outline: some relatively easy gospel songs like hymn arrangements and such; some more challenging popular music including wicked, over the rainbow, etc; then start into some classical repertoire like your bach, beethoven, etc; *intermission for some delightful snacks and crackers*; now for the really hard stuff, mostly big, romantic, grand concert songs like the brahms rhapsodie, Shubert, and a grand finale Maleguena! hmmm...what else...i think i have a brother coming home or something....
Well, today i ate pretty well for it being fast sunday. I made a big batch of soft, melt-in-mouth carmel popcorn and mom dished out some juicy lasagna. I have an AP world history exam coming up here soon...pretty nervous about that one. I'm also in the proccess of writing a creative story modeling classic hero journey archetypes based around Egytian culture. My problem is that I keep wanting to make it more complicated and original than i'm supposed to for the project. I just can't handle the cliche'-ness, it makes it sound way cheezy. The result is a massive case of "stare at blank page" so, i'm way behind on it. Well, I'm feeling too lazy to call mom up to add anything, so i guess i'll just post this now and go work on scripture mastery. I'm getting close to all 100, and when i pass them off, the stake president has promised to take me or make me dinner.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

just don't graduate from college before i do. that would be embarrassing.

CoplanRanch said...

Orson, I'd say you're safe.

ps How's the summer vacation going?

Nelsonranch said...

Life sounds like great fun for you Penny. I hope you are able to come to a consensus about what you story will entail. You should give Trey a copy. He loves adventure stories. You rock, Penny!

Anonymous said...

i'm having a hard time finding things to do with my time. it's weird not being insanely busy.

Annaliese said...

Penny, do you remember when we slept in the backyard and I had you so convinced that you would be eaten by vicious snipes that night that you cried and went inside? Mom was not happy with me. Glad to see you're carrying on the tradition.

CoplanRanch said...

remember it? it was a major turning point in my life as a YW girls camper. not really sure whether to thank you or not, but...yes i certainly remember.
(sorry forgot my username again)

Anonymous said...

seriously. you took the time to change all the features of your blog except for writing a new one....lame!!!

Anonymous said...

wow. you did it again.

Annaliese said...

Yeah, time's up Pheobe. You need to post.