
.jpg)
Well, I don't have a cute baby nor hollywood scenery to post pictures of but whatever. This is Daniel, who I'm sharing a recital with in a few weeks. There's Miriam and I at Ft. Nasqualli. (sp?) And the other one was a pretty tricky shot to get, but its me riding a whale in the Puget Sound.
Not shown is me in band uniform. And me with a sunburn from yesterday's parade in Sequim. (Have you ever had a sunburn on your ears?)Perhaps only Diane will understand all the stupid stuff packed into parade season. First, its physically taxing, which sounds pansy-ish to say about marching band...but it is. Holding a solid silver flute up at a 90 degree angle while taking to small of steps at too fast a pace in too hot of weather with too tempermental of right guides. Many a freshman were reduced to tears. Respect is placed in whomever can yell the loudest. Power plays between the left and right guides. 5:30 am to 7:00 pm. Well, one down, two to go.

4 comments:
I hope you assisted in reducing the freshman to tears with your tales or parade horrors yet to come.
I remember those days...and those right guides just think they are so cool. Are you doing the Victoria parade?
Diane, I don't think you ever explained to me the graphic horror of marching band. But, I could see for myself the hot days in uniform and long march.
A= i told 'em the worst was over (cackle)(cackle)
D= just got from Victoria about 2:30am this morning. parade of bands was fun, actual parade was fun too...and loooong.
Post a Comment