Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A POST!

This is the beginning of my redemption. I know the family has probably stopped checking the Coplanranch for updates...but no longer. (and may i submit that we need a new name? i mean, we've got the parents, the grandma, and the baby of the family here; we should be called "the motherland" or "home base" or "the nearly empty nest" etc.)

First, let me say I was appalled to read the last post I wrote. What was I going on about? driving, hosting french student, summer, getting a cellphone?! ah, how 16 year old of me. well, if you've caught on a little quicker than Annaliese, you know that I am now 17 and have an entirely new bundle of things to talk about. I'll start with life as a senior in High School.

I wake up, get dressed hurriedly, and grab something to munch on in seminary. Then I drive myself and a couple other girls from the church to the High School and park in my normal sneaky free parking spot. Then I go to Band. (I sent an audition to Western Internation Band Contest and got accepted, so in Nov. I go and play in an Honor Band, learn some music really fast, and play a couple concerts) Then I walk up 3 flights of stairs to AP US History. It's a lot of reading and writing, but not any hard concepts to grasp, just memorization and stuff. Then I walk to AP Chemistry with my knees knocking a little. I don't really have time ever finish the homework or really study new concepts and I always feel 2 steps behind the course. Luckily my best friends are the top of our class.

Then I either go to lunch or on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I lightly jog over to OC to make my Music Theory class on time. Its not a piece of cake, but I'm doing OK in the class. I just need time to do all the homework. Then I work for about 2.5 hours until Jazz Ensemble starts. What do I do for my job? I am the music librarian. I grade papers, make copies of musical scores, find parts, make posters etc. Jazz Ensemble is frusterating just because I know nothing of Jazz Piano, and there's no notes on the page. The other musicians in the class are majorly skilled, and I play single notes with my index finger when I can figure out where we are. To make up for this, I also take Jazz Piano Lessons. I can do anything the instructor gives me to work on, I just hope it gets me good fast so I can actually start playing with the Jazz Ensemble.

Finally, I'm still taking private piano lesson with Irene, and I've got a sort-of handle on the songs I've been working on all summer. It's still stressful though, knowing that I'm auditioning with them in 3 months. And Volleyball season is drawing to a close, we had a much better season this year with our new coach. I was in the newspaper a couple of times, but the pictures were pretty awful. Anyone who plays volleyball knows about that stupid hunching pose you do in the backrow. Mine is something akin to an orangutan. Anyway, once volleyball's over, i'll get 3 more desperately needed hours in my day. Throw in mutual, church, YW's, Link Crew, senior events, football games, dates and stuff, my life is busy up to the brim! I would go into more detail, but I don't want this to get too lengthy.

Something that amused me today was that while inspecting the back of my chapstick, I found that parental supervision is strongly advised. Who knew?

6 comments:

CoplanRanch said...

this is great

Annaliese said...

I'll have you know I was fully aware of the upcoming change of age status several weeks before its occurance. It was just that one day I forgot. Anyway, stop making my "poor busy me" post look pathetically lazy.

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

Finally a new post! I'll be thinking of you while I laze around the beach in hawaii next week:)

Anonymous said...

About time Phoebes. You're probably involved in more things than in HS than the 4 of your siblings put together....Apply To College!

Anonymous said...

you haven't kept up with your redemption very well.

Penny said...

yeah i just realized that.