Sunday, October 9, 2011

Operation and Orson's Visit
Tuesday, David's doctor said he needed an operation to repair a hernia before it got worse, so it was booked for Thursday.  So we arrived by 8:30am and waited till noon, then went to pre-op for an hour. I was told to go wait and just got up to the 1st floor and the pager went off! I was imagining things that could have gone wrong as I hurried to the info desk and they said "his operation has started" --duh. It didn't take long till he got a room & we hung out till it was time to pick up Orson from the ferry. The next day Orson & I made eggs and hash browns for lunch, then he had a chess game with Grandma. We three ate out that night & then O. and I went to a Christopher Cross concert (look up Sailing on youtube) at the Admiral. I forgot the camera . Saturday David came home from hospital then O. & I walked at the parks in town and Kirsten & Johannes came over to visit. Orson spent a lot of time texting to organize his evening. We took pictures to document the visit:
Stalemate


Christopher on the left

David's binder -- Annaliese & I have been there before
 

4 comments:

Annaliese said...

I like the glasses, OJ. And I really want to play some chess with grandma now.

Ryan and Diane Egan said...

Yea, I like the glasses too, how come no one is smiling in these pics...

CoplanRanch said...

Ryan and Diane* We are sober people... Orson's face should have a thought balloon saying "Am I going to make a lot of money after graduation & get married & be happy?". My thought balloon would say "I don't like David to be in pain & is this picture going to turn out?"

Anonymous said...

I don't ever smile for pictures